Candidate Selection Matrix feature is useful for evaluating candidates at different stages of the recruitment process (e.g., Interview stage). Each hiring committee member, irrespective of their role in the ATS (admin, hiring manager, reviewer), may participate and rate candidates with a score in the scale of 1 to 3 or 4 or 5 or 10. Each hiring team member can independently rate candidates based on (eg., interview questions response) and the final summary scores are viewble only to Admin and Hiring Manager/Search chair.
Matrix Templates -User Permission
- Matrix template consists of a set of job specific criteria or questions developed by Human Resources (Super Admin or Admin User) based on Job description and its requiremenbts. These job specific criteria or questions are useful for the hiring team to screen candidates during selection process (Interview).
- Once the templates are saved as GLOBAL (Make Matrix Global), those templates are available to Search Chair or Hiring Manager for them to use it.
Hiring Manager/ Search Chair:
- Search Chair or Hiring Manager can edit/revise any of the Global tempaltes on a case by case basis. Those revised template will be useful only for that specfic search but it will not be saved as GLOBAL
- Search Chair or Hiring Manager can also create a new matrix template with a set of job specific criteria or questions but it will not be saved as GLOBAL.
- Reviewer user can participate in the selection process and use the template assigned for that job search to rate the candidates.
HR Super Admin User
How does an HR Super Admin or Admin user create a new Matrix template for a job with candidate selection criteria/questions?
1: Click Matrix Templates, then Add New Matrix (see below)
2. Complete all the fields (see sample screenshots below):
Title: Type job/position title or Interview Questions (you can name any).
Rating: Select one.
Folder Permissions: Select one (e.g., Interview, Committee review). This will allow the Matrix to be utilized only on candidates in a specific workflow folder.
Instructions: Admin can write instructions for Committee to use the candidate selection matrix -see a sample instruction below:
Candidate Evaluation using a Matrix:
- Use a job description requirements as the basis for your candidate evaluation. Create selection criteria questions of appropriate capabilities like experience or competencies such as communication or leadership skills that the candidates have demonstrated in the past.
- Note: You can identify as many selection criteria as you like but preferably not more than 10.
- Keep in mind how important each selection criteria are for this position (must have essential or optional or will some portion of the position require this skill or will it only be needed occasionally)
- Judge each candidate on each selection criteria using score (e.g. sample scale of 1 to 5 below).
0= doesn’t have the competency
1= 5% level competency
2=25% level competency
3=50% level competency
4=75% level competency
5=100% level competency
Edit/Revison: Add/remove criteria question: Add one or more selection criteria/questions as appropriate.
Make Matrix Global via Check box
Now the Matrix template is saved and is available for future use. This template is availble to all hiring team members when they interview candidates and rate them.
Hiring Manager/Search Chair
How does a hiring manager/search chair use one of the Matrix templates already prepared by Admin user?
See an example below with screenshots.
Liz Watson: Search Chair or Hiring Manager
Position: Chief Budget Officer
1: Click Candidate Matrix link
2: Click Add New Matrix
3. Complete all the fields:
Select: (appropriate position related Matrix template already developed by Admin user). Admin user can create Matrix templates for each position with possible selection criteria/questions and saved it in the system
for future use. Once you select a template, all saved fields in that template will be populated automatically.
Note: You as a hiring manager/search chair can also have permission to edit /revise those selection criteria from the template.
Note: If there are no Matrix templates, hiring manager/search chair can create a new matrix with selection criteria by completing all fields (see below).
Title: Type job/position title or Interview Criteria for the Matrix title.
Rating: Select one.
Folder Permissions: Select one (e.g., Campus Interview). This will allow the Matrix to be utilized only on candidates in a specific candidate status folder.
Instructions: Hiring manager can write instructions for other team members on this matrix for candidate evaluation.
Add/remove criteria question: Add one or more selection criteria/questions as appropriateSelect matrix reviewers
: Hiring Manager who created the matrix can add or remove team members if they have not participated.
Click Add & Publish
Your Candidate Matrix is saved for your Job and it is viewable by all your hiring team members via candidate page.
Note: Candidate must be moved in the Status Folder (e.g., Campus Interview)
Add Questions. Click Add&Publish to Save
Note: Hiring Manager who created the Matrix for this Job can add all reviewers or remove any of the reviewers if appropriate. All hiring team members will receive an email notification (see below)
View candidates from Campus Interview Folder
Login to your Account. Select the Job Title
Select Campus Interview Folder
Completed by one hiring team member - Liz Watson. Click X to Close
Status and Reports
Admin and Hiring Manager can view Matrix progress status, view the rating scores in detail of all team members’ responses whereas reviewer role allows to view their individual score only.
See the screenshots below
Matrix Average Report - Fred Watson Scored a total of 22.25 out of 30.
Candidate Matrix Response Details: