Starting a New Packet
- From the Dashboard, click Start New Packet. The following page is displayed.
- Enter the name for the packet or position name in the Title field. E.g.; Part-time Staff, Adjunct Contract, Dean of Business School
- Enter the name of the new hire / employee in the Name field. E.g., “John Doe”
- Enter the email address of the new hire / employee in the E-mail field. If the user is already in the system as an existing employee, you will be prompted to select that employee.
Note: If your ATS is integrated with the Onboarding system, then you can initiate the new Welcome packet from the candidate page of the ATS by clicking the “Onboard” link (see below). HR Admin users or Hiring Manager users (optional) can initiate a new hire packet. Contact our Help Desk if Hiring Manager needs to initiate onboarding packets.
The following page is displayed.
Please note the Fields like Title, Name with email is automatically populated from the ATS.
- Select a department from the Department dropdown list.
- Once a department is selected, the Template dropdown list is shown from which you can select the required template. To preview the template, click the icon next to the Template dropdown.
- Click Create to create the packet. The following page is displayed.
- By default, the instructions are provided in the Instructions to New Hire section. You can modify it if required and click Save Message to save it.
Note: To hide the Instructions to New Hire section, click the Instructions link at the top right corner of the form. Also the link on the Candidate ID number next to the new hire name will direct you to view candidate details page in the ATS.
- Once the Start date, routing, guest (optional) and assignees (*required) are added on this page, click Publish. This starts the workflow for all assignees.